Licensed to Practice Law in the Following Courts:
Ohio Supreme Court, including all State Courts in Ohio 1998
U.S. Supreme Court 2009
Northern District of Ohio 2012
U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals 2012
Ashtabula Court of Common Pleas
Judge 2015 to Present
Magistrate 2008 to 2014
Staff Attorney 1998 – 2008
- Responsibilities include making thousands of rulings in a wide variety of practice areas including personal injury, real estate, foreclosure, domestic relations, workers’ compensation, professional torts, administrative appeals, product liability and criminal law. Prior to taking the Bench, Marianne assisted the Court in its rulings.
- Marianne drafts criminal/civil opinions on a wide variety of cases in the Common Pleas Court, expanding her duties from Magistrate to Judge.
- As Magistrate, Marianne experienced working with Judge Mackey’s Drug Court, a specialized docket, which provides alternative sentences to lower-level felony drug offenders.
- During her 1st term as Judge, Marianne, along with the Treatment Team, created a specialized Docket Court for mental health, serving citizens of Ashtabula County including veterans. Originally certified by the Supreme Court of Ohio in 2017, this specialized Docket Court was re-certified through 2022.
Supreme Court of Ohio, Columbus and Akron, Ohio Law Clerk, Fall 1997
Internship – Justice Deborah L. Cook
- Drafted legal memorandum on cases appealed to the Ohio Supreme Court.
Young and McDowall, Akron, Ohio Law Clerk, Spring 1997
- Drafted legal briefs for a small law firm specializing in consumer law.
Ninth District Court of Appeals Akron, Ohio Law Clerk, Fall 1996
- Drafted legal memorandum for cases appealed to the Appellate Court.