Ashtabula County Court of Common Pleas
September 2010 to December 2014
Marianne is the current Presiding Judge of Your Court of Common Pleas. Prior to joining the Bench, Marianne had extensive training in the operation of the Court, including the following:
- Supervisor of a Common Pleas Court Staff of 35 employees in several departments, including Bailiffs, Court Reporters, Paralegals, Staff Attorneys, Jury Commissioners, Mediators, Domestic/Child Support Magistrates, Adult Probation Officers, Court Security and Information Technology.
- Manager of annual $2.0 million dollar Common Pleas Budget encompassing a variety of General and Non General Funds.
- Administer Common Pleas Court human resources, including recruitment, selection, hiring, interviewing, training, orientation, payroll processing, employee relations, leave management, discipline and position descriptions.
- Director and Coordinator of administrative and operational functions of the Common Pleas Court, maintain friendly and effective working relationships and communication with three Common Pleas Judges, staff, attorneys, public and county offices.
- Engaged in long range planning for Court of Common Pleas, including technology, staffing, jury management, probation services, as well as development of rules, regulations and policies.
- Review, negotiate and administer legal/monetary contracts within the Common Pleas Court.